Friday, May 2, 2014

What We Take Away.

Broken hearts and lost dreams are all part of a serious break-up, especially when it was a long-term growing relationship. Years spent getting to know each other, reinventing parts of our selves at times to gel better together-sacrifices we make probably is more accurate. Just those little things we do to make life a smoother ride for the other person in our life. Support you give to help them become what they fear they can't and vice versa. The awaking that occurs when this ends and you are left with a hole in your life can be crippling or inspiring.

Too many of us are in too big of a hurry to shovel some dirt in that hole, fill it with anything we can find in order to forget it was ever there. The mistake in this is that we forget to reflect on what we gained. The what is lost comes easy and too many times becomes the main focus. The challenge and the beauty comes when you can look through the pain and say 'what did I earn? What did I learn? And how did I grow?'

With all of my past relationships in my life I have gained something from each individual I have shared my life with. With each path that has split I have really taken a cherished token from each man. Is this part of God's life plan? I like to believe so, his intent is not souly for my life to be this saga of pain and angst but to be the journey he has had written for me and the growth into the woman that stands infront of you today. 

I will give credit where credit is due and if any of you guys are reading this know that I am so appreciative of the all the moments we shared, the good the bad and the good again. Without our journies I am not sure where I would be today. 

From my high school relationships I discovered my passion for everything outdoors, Coolio, lifting weights to truly see where my body limits were and to know when to say goodbye. In college I gained a new respect and admiration for the Beastie Boys, roller blade hockey, to cherish every minute from every moment and never leave anything left unsaid. I learned the most unselfish love the day I met my son. So thankful to my baby's daddy for that unforeseen, direct delivery, life saving angel. A few years later I acquired an admiration and inside look at everything business, a whole level of respect I had forgotten I deserved (due to my own choices) and another true friendship, but I had lost my roots. Lost where my soul was happiest and then it was awoken. 

I was blessed to have shared the woods with a great hunter, jokster and videographer. I asked if I could join him in the woods and he said 'hell yes!'with open arms and for that I am so grateful. He reminded me through experiences where I had always belonged, where I had always been happiest inside and what a feeling it was the first time I laid an animal down! #hooked 

So you see with each love lost I have found a piece of me that I cherish. Without even knowing it, each person that we share our lives with adds a bigger piece to our story and character. 

I encourage you to look inside and see for yourselves; even our worst memories can bring forth our best pieces. 

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; 
(Romans 12:12 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment